I've been a redhead my whole life, but I'll be honest...I only really started to love it within the last few years. Growing up having red hair sucked because it's unique and different and kids are, well- kids. I'm glad I came to love my red hair, it's just so different from everybody else and fun that you have to love it! Even though I'm a natural redhead I've still experimented with dying my hair all different shades of red. When I did this I started to see how hard it is to keep the color so bright and vibrant.
Now-a-days you see so many people dyeing their hair different shades of red from friends to celebrities- it's catching on! Some pull it off, others not so much. Those of you who have tried to pull it off probably noticed how hard it is to upkeep. Every time you shower you see your pretty red color washing down the drain. You've probably wondered if there was a way to keep it longer, because dyeing it often just makes it dead and blah. You've come to the right place, redheads! I've got some great tips for you on how to keep your gorgeous red hair, RED!
1.) DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY!!!!
- This is probably the biggest and most important tip. Red hair fades so quickly- too quickly. Washing everyday makes you wash the color out even quicker. Those of you who need to wash your hair everyday probably shouldn't go for red hair. Unless you're prepared to dye it often.
- If you can, try a dry shampoo in between washes. I've gone 3-4 days without washing my hair because it's wavy anyway and just doesn't get very greasy (I'm very thankful for this!!
- To make up for the color that washes out everytime you do wash your hair it's best to have a color depositing shampoo & conditioner. My favourite is "Riveting Reds" from Sally Beauty Supply. The shampoo and conditioner itself are pure red- to put some red back into your precious locks and keep it redder, longer.
- Retails for $6.99 with a Sally Beauty Club card
3.) Color Refresher Mask:
- This is awesome in between colors to restore the redness, and overall vibrancy.
- It contains no chemicals!! It's just a mask that refresher, restores, and conditions. I've used this and I have to say it stands up to what it says. I have long thick hair (well past my shoulders) and one packet was enough.
This comes in lots of different shades at Sally as well! Retails for $4.49 with your Sally card.
Click here to see it on Sally Website
There you have it! If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them. Good luck:) Thanks for reading.